Paid Digital Media Buyer/PlannerPosition: Paid Digital Media Buyer/Planner
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance, and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment, 4+1 Schedule
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field, 3-5 years experience in agency digital media management required (experience with high-touch platforms like paid search and paid social preferred)
As a Paid Media Buyer/Planner at Defero you’ll develop holistic paid media strategies for clients as well as dive in-platform to manage/optimize media spends. In this position, you should have a clear understanding of the role various media channels play in driving success for clients and be able to make recommendations on rightsizing channels based on budgetary constraints. In addition to understanding the digital media landscape as a whole, you’ll also be expected to comfortably manage media spends in-platform and make strategic optimizations for our clients.
Our digital media campaigns range from paid search, paid social, online native, display to video placements and range from small to large advertising budgets. You’ll be charged with being able to establish/manage tracking and providing insight and analysis of campaign performance on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to align with client KPIs and success metrics.
To be successful in this role, you should have a solid understanding of media channels and tools, as well as analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. You may need to pivot and assist with paid social, paid search and programmatic management and optimizations as needed and assigned.
Working at Defero requires you to be a team player and to always put the best interest of the client first. As a member of the media team you’ll be timely, responsive, flexible and accountable. Upon joining the team you’ll plug-and-play to hit the ground running and continue to move at a quick pace!
- Maintains a high level of expertise across paid media platforms, including but not limited to paid search, paid social and programmatically placed media.
- Maintains the ability to develop holistic media strategies for clients, leveraging a variety of media platforms.
- Utilizes industry tools to build efficiencies into your work to help keep you focused on business outcomes, and constantly on the lookout for new strategic opportunities.
- Knowledgeable as it relates to marketing analytics platforms including Google Analytics and others that are comparable.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the standard KPIs for most marketing channels.
- Examines the details while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Practices critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Possesses statistical and analytical competency, and can effectively communicate outcomes to those less versed.
- Digests, retains and shares the latest industry news and applies it to client projects as applicable.
GENERAL AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Understands and always takes actions that are in the best interest of the client and Defero.
- Actively tries to improve and be better on behalf of the agency and client.
- Maintains the ability to professionally interface and communicate with clients and internal teams.Strives to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practices effective time management.
- Meets deadlines, expectations and the highest quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates a capacity to operate with a level of self-sufficiency.
- Has ‘difficult conversations’ with fellow associates when needed.
- Maintains a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture, and contributes to its growth.
- Is a capable speaker in front of a group and participates in conversations. Has an ability to own the room when presenting on data, analytics, reporting or tracking.
- Proactively practices gaining clarity when requests are not clear.
- Acts as a problem solver and is solution-oriented.
- Documents time daily in Workamajig.
- Travels as required to client meetings, events or other out of the office activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of media planning/buying experience across digital mediums (experience with high-touch platforms like paid search and paid social).
- Past agency experience preferable.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of paid digital media.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple clients, projects and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a natural curiosity about digital media – early adopters wanted.
- Both an overarching strategizer and tactical implementer, both are key to this role.