Marketing Analytics SpecialistPosition: Marketing Analytics Specialist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance, and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field, 3-5 years experience in marketing analytics systems and platforms
As a Marketing Analytics Specialist at Defero you’ll blend business with data science by leveraging a variety of analytics tools and platforms to enable us to better leverage the data we have on behalf of our clients. In this role you’ll be responsible for the setup and architecture of systems like Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager as well as run and maintain analytical models on an ongoing basis across a variety of clients. You will be able to establish tracking and end to end reporting within the digital tools available to you for each client. You possess a strong analytical mindset and can apply that knowledge to the marketing world.
You’ll be expected to be the go-to resource for data analytics needs for the agency and work closely with the agency’s media and client services teams to collaborate on outputs. Technical abilities are a must-have for this role and candidates should be proficient in working with common advertising, marketing and statistical analysis tools.
Working at Defero requires you to be a team player and to always put the best interest of the client first. As a member of the Defero team you’ll be timely, responsive, flexible and accountable. Upon joining the team you’ll plug-and-play to hit the ground running and continue to move at a quick pace!
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager architecture and setup from the ground up for new accounts as well as improving and maintaining current accounts.
- Analyzes external and internal customer data using database queries (SQL), web analytics tools, statistical analysis tools and campaign management software tools.
- Maintains a working knowledge of common digital media platforms and the types of data used by them.
- Produces automated, meaningful marketing KPI dashboards with input from other internal teams.
- Analyzes digital user behavior, conversion data, customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution.
- Benchmarks performance across all online channels and advising on KPIs based on performance analysis.
- Identifies new methodologies and improves the analytical procedure.
GENERAL AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Understands and always takes actions that are in the best interest of the client and Defero.
- Actively tries to improve and be better on behalf of the agency and client.
- Maintains the ability to professionally interface and communicate with clients and internal teams.Strives to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practices effective time management.
- Meets deadlines, expectations and the highest quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates a capacity to operate with a level of self-sufficiency.
- Has ‘difficult conversations’ with fellow associates when needed.
- Maintains a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture, and contributes to its growth.
- Is a capable speaker in front of a group and participates in conversations. Has an ability to own the room when presenting on data, analytics, reporting or tracking.
- Proactively practices gaining clarity when requests are not clear.
- Acts as a problem solver and is solution-oriented.
- Documents time daily in Workamajig.
- Travels as required to client meetings, events or other out of the office activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of technical marketing analytics experience.
- Past agency experience preferable.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of paid digital media.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple clients, projects and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a natural curiosity about marketing analytics – early adopters wanted.
- Both an overarching strategizer and tactical implementer, both are key to this role.